Thursday, July 13, 2017

PLEASE START HERE: Auction Info and Rules

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS INFORMATION BEFORE BIDDING.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, NOW IS THE TIME TO ASK!

If you'd like to skip the bidding and go straight to donating, here's the GoFundMe page for Kayla!
(If you'd like a little background on this auction, please read this post.)

First of all, if you have just landed here, HI! WELCOME! My name is Jessa Russo, and I am a young adult author. I'm also a mom who went to school with Kayla's mom, and has watched Kayla's journey over the years. I decided it was finally time I did something. I've hosted writing contests and coordinated auctions in the past, and from my experience, though each time is amazing and incredibly rewarding, I feel I must make a few things clear from the get go, so...


***DISCLAIMER***

All auction items have been generously donated by good people with big hearts and a desire to love and support a fellow human in need. This auction is being hosted by just one person who will not profit from this event. I SAY THIS BECAUSE I WILL NOT TOLERATE RUDENESS OF ANY SORT. Before you complain, please consider that I am just one person, with a family and career of my own, and all the responsibilities that come with life; I am doing the best I can.
If you'd like to bid, please do!! The point of this auction is to raise as much money as we can for an amazing young woman who needs all the love and support we can give her as she continues to fight to live.
(That said, if something doesn't interest you, keep it to yourself and move on. Being polite on the internet is actually pretty easy.)
Let's keep this experience as beautiful as the cause, shall we?
Awesome. Now onto the details!


***AUCTION DETAILS***

Auction Opens: Monday, July 17th, 2017 at 9:00 am PST
ALL posts will be scheduled to go live at 9:00am PST, so there will be no order or method to the madness. You'll have to just scroll through them all (or view the titles of each post in the sidebar to the right) once they've all gone live.
Auction Closes: Friday, July 21st, 2017
Sometime next Friday, July 21st, I will go through each post and type "BIDDING CLOSED" in the comments. If you want to bid, but you don't see that comment from JESSA RUSSO, refresh the page. If you still don't see it, you're welcome to bid because I probably haven't gotten to that particular auction post yet.
Any comments that come in AFTER that "BIDDING CLOSED" comment will not count.


***BIDDING INSTRUCTIONS***

*It is YOUR JOB to pay attention to the starting bid amount on each auction, as each auction item is different.
*Please ONLY bid in WHOLE DOLLAR increments (no loose change). This can be as low as a $1.oo bid increase, or as high as a $500.00 bid increase. As long as you make sure to start with the STARTING BID amount. Make sense? (If not, now's the time to ask questions!)
*Please leave bid amount and email address IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF THE ITEM YOU WANT TO BID ON in this format:
$__.__
emailaddress [at] provider [dot] com

That's it! Those two things (email address and your bid amount) are ALL I NEED.



***PAYMENT***

Payments will be collected via Paypal ONLY, after auction closes.
I will email the winners with payment instructions during the week following the auction. No exceptions will be made as far as payment methods, so please, if you don't have a Paypal account, go sign up for one now.
Once your payment has been made in full, I will connect you with the auction donor, and my part in your transaction will be done. Period.



***SHIPPING***

SHIPPING IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DONATION.
I, as the auction host, will not see any of these items personally, and will therefore NOT be responsible for shipping.
Unless otherwise specified in the auction listing, shipping policies are as follows:
VIRTUAL ITEMS like manuscript/query critiques, gift certificates, and e-books are open INTERNATIONALLY.
Basically, if it can be done via email, assume that it is available to international bidders.
PHYSICAL ITEMS like BOOKS/GOODS/ARTWORK are open to bidders in US only.

2 comments:

  1. When on Friday will you start closing items for bidding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometime in the evening (California time). I have not set an exact time frame, but I will announce on Facebook and Twitter.

      Delete

#fightingFORkayla Auction Items: LIST OF ALL ITEMS

Here you'll find all of the items listed in this auction!  Scroll through and click on the links to bid!  Good luck, have fun...